Dear Members and Secretaries
This year our Sport Awards took on a different approach to allow for the current restrictions we are under.
The Awards were targeted towards the activities that you all were able to achieve within the sports criteria and the support you were able to give to the sports community.
I have to thank Emma Eaton and the Leisure Services for initiating these awards and driving forward the nomination process by e-mail only, which proved to be very successful.
As a result of the link I sent out early in January to request nominations for these awards, there were over 70 nominations for which I thank you all.
A selection meeting took place and the winners were chosen. I am pleased to inform you that a video went up on social media to announce the recipients, which you can see here:
Well done and thank you to all the Awards Winners.
- Community Champion of the Year : Anna Smith & Emma Mankelow (Reigate Ladies Joggers)
- Community Club Champion of the Year : Brian Wilson (Horley Bowling Club)
- Young Community Champion of the Year : Emily Cruickshank & Holly Cruickshank (East Surrey Acrobatics)
- Young Community Club Champion of the Year : Daisy Riggs (Little Kickers)
- Tackling Inequality Award : Matthew Boardman (Merstham Football Club)
- Young Sports Person of the Year : Rory Campbell (Reigate Squash Club)
- Coach of the Year : Neal Sullivan (Reigate Priory Hockey Club)
- Club of the Year : Reigate Priory Hockey Club
- Junior Team of the Year : East Surrey Girls FC U14’s
May I also thank all the people involved and the Communication Staff at R & B Council for putting this presentation together.
Hon Sec. R & B District Sports Council