The Reigate and Banstead District Sports Council (RB Sport) is a wholly voluntary body comprising over sixty of the sports clubs in the Borough which aims to encourage participation in sport by local residents and to assist clubs in expanding and improving facilities. It covers over twenty five different sports. The Sports Council is run by a Management Committee which reports to a quarterly meeting of the full Council to whose meetings all affiliated organisations are entitled to send a representative.
Every year , RB Sport organises a Sports Awards scheme for the Borough, which culminates in an awards evening at the Harlequin Theatre in September. It works very closely with the Leisure Services at the Borough Council in organising the Festival of Sport each year, in May.
The Sports Council also sets out to give assistance to affiliated organisations by:
- Making grants to promising individuals to help to achieve a higher standard
- Making grants to clubs for improvements to facilities and equipment
- Arranging and subsidising courses not specific to a particular sport (e.g. first aid)
- Assisting with funding for initiatives encouraging youth participation in sport and for organising local competitions
-Advising individuals and clubs on other possible sources of funds
- Acting as a channel of communication between clubs and the Borough Council
It also liaises with Active Surrey in order to ensure that all clubs are aware of the various forms of support which that organisation can offer.
The Borough includes Banstead, Burgh Heath, Horley, Kingswood, Nork, Redhill, Reigate, Tadworth, Salfords and Walton-on-the-Hill.